SchoolMessenger is a notification system to provide timely communication to parents on matters such as attendance, lunch account balances, general interest activities and campus emergencies.
While there are benefits to creating a SchoolMessenger account, no action is required on your part to receive notifications using this system. The contact information you provided during registration has been loaded into SchoolMessenger. By default your home phone number is being used for all calls. In cases of emergency, the mother's and father's work phone numbers will also be called. In order to enhance our ability to accurately deliver information, we request that you review your own contact preference profile using SchoolMessenger's Contact Manager web site, which requires a login. The Contact Manager allows you to control the ways in which you will be contacted, including via email and text messaging. It also works like a mailbox, giving you a place to review messages you may have missed. If you do not have access to the Internet, and you would like to change the phone numbers used to notify you, please call Chris Hinze at 382-4227 x260.
To create an account:
- You will need an access code for each of your children, which you may have received at a school open house. If you need access codes, please contact Chris Hinze at 382-4227 x260 or email@example.com.
- Click here to get to the SM Contact Manager, or use the School Messenger link on the district website.
- Click the Sign Up Now link near the bottom of the page.
- On the Sign Up page, you will need to enter a valid email address, a password, your name, and zip code. You'll use your email address and the password you enter here to sign in later. Check "Email me when I have a new phone message" if you would like to receive an email message each time there is a new message in your mailbox. Click Create Account when you are done.
- Check your email. There will be an Account Activation email from firstname.lastname@example.org which contains a link to activate your account. This link will take you to a confirmation page where you will enter your password to activate your account.
- Once you've activated your account, you're ready to add your child to your account. Click the link on the main page and add your child's student ID and Activation Code by clicking "Add Contact" and entering the access code provided by the school.
- If you have additional children, you can add them now by clicking on "Add Contact". Next, select the "Contacts" tab and then click on "Edit" in the "Actions" column. On this page you will check which types of messages you would like to receive and at which phone number, email address, or cell phone text (SMS) message. Make sure that you click Save when you are done making changes. You can always sign in and make adjustments later if you are unsure of your settings.